Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stephen Colbert is my hero...


Stephen Colbert, host of Comedy Central's The Colbert Report, skewered Bush at the White House Correspondents Dinner on Saturday. It was the funniest thing I've seen all year, even though it did make me shiver at the sadness that is caused by the current lack of accountability on both the administration and the press corps. Apparently, Bush was none too pleased.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Before I begin, I've been asked to make an announcement. Whoever parked 14 black bullet proof S.U.V.'S out front, could you please move them. They are blocking in 14 other black bulletproof S.U.V.'S and they need to get out.

Wow, wow, what an honor. The White House correspondents’ dinner. To just sit here, at the same table with my hero, George W. Bush, to be this close to the man. I feel like I'm dreaming. Somebody pinch me. You know what; I'm a pretty sound sleeper that may not be enough. Somebody shoot me in the face.

Read the whole speech here

Article on the dinner from Editor and Publisher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home