Thursday, April 27, 2006

Susan Lindauer, cousin to Andy Card

Lindauer,42, an ex-Seattle Post-Intelligencer reporter, former U.S. Congressional aide and a cousin of White House Chief of Staff, Andrew Card, was charged in March 2004 with espionage for conspiring to act as a spy and being an unregistered Iraqi agent.

Although the espionage charge has since been dropped, U.S. prosecutors originally alleged the antiwar activist accepted $10,000 from Hussein's intelligence unit over five years and sought to support resistance groups after the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Lindauer always had categorically denied accepting Iraqi money, saying she was framed for wanting to go public about sensitive information she possessed about the illegal Iraqi invasion, as well as information she was going to publish clearly demonstrating that Pan Am Flight 103 was an inside government job and blown up over Lockerbie, Scotland, by Syrians, not Libyans as the U.S. insists.

Lindauer has been jailed since last October for psychiatric evaluation despite the fact she was found mentally competent by a court-appointed psychiatrist who evaluated Landauer numerous times before her imprisonment.

"Someone put acid on the steering wheel of my car on a day I was supposed to drive to NYC for a meeting at the Libya House," she wrote. "I scrubbed my hands with a toilet brush, but my face was burned so badly that 3 weeks later friends worried I might be badly scarred. Also, my house was bugged with listening devices and cameras -- little red laser lights in the shower vent. And I survived several assassination attempts. Oh, could I write a book."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home