Friday, February 10, 2006

More soldiers suffer from DU


"I have good days, I have bad days," said M. Sterry, of New Haven, CT. "There were eight of us that served together. Six of my friends are dead."

She looks healthy, but Sterry is a very sick woman who has no idea how much longer she will live.

"I have good days, I have bad days. There were eight of us that served together. Six of my friends are dead."

"I've had three heart attacks, two heart surgeries. I have chronic headaches, chronic upper respiratory infections. I get pneumonia two or three times a year," she said. "I have chronic fatigue, joint aches, muscle aches. I have a rash that migrates all over my body."

Sterry figures the initial symptoms began in Saudi Arabia in September of 1991 while she was serving with the National Guard. Three years later, after completing her tour of duty and coming back home, the symptoms were still there, but much more severe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home